19 June, 2013

More, More, More! Macarons by Macarons and More.

I stumbled upon Macarons and More at the BBC Good Food Show this summer. The first thing I saw was the Macaron tower. My eyes lit up and I was drawn closer. The meringue beauties were stacked in a tall prism like structure and decorated with ribbon. They looked very elegant and perfect for a special occasion.



Next to them however, was what really caught the attention of my heart. There was a wide range available such as lemon, salt caramel, chocolate orange, praline, rose, crème brûlée, dark chocolate and mint, pistachio, passionfruit and dark chocolate and violet and blackcurrant, however some were already sold out by the time I got there!


The Orange Chocolate macarons.

These are all (I assume so anyway) designed by Tim Kinnaird who appeared in BBC's Masterchef in 2010 and was a runner up in the finals. He's done a really great job getting this far, particularly coming from a medicinal background and not food!


Couldn't resist and had to eat them before I took a photo. One got smashed :(

Anyway, I wanted to try all of them, but priced at £1.60 each, I had to be weary of how much money I had in my purse and pick a few only. I opted for the chocolate orange, praline, salt caramel and crème brûlée (one of my fave desserts!) And boy did they taste as well as they looked.

The best one was the Chocolate orange, it was just right, not too much orange and the chocolate was of a good quality. Praline followed behind, it was like nutella in a meringue but a hundred times better and of a high standard. The crème brûlée was nice and so was the salt caramel, however for me in a Macaron, it wasn't my cup of tea. 

They sold them in boxes of 6, 9 and 12 and a box of 12 can be purchased online, (http://www.macaronsandmore.com), which I will definitely do when my next craving kicks in! 

Overall I was left very impressed by my purchase and wanted more! Yes the price is high, but I guess you're paying for quality. Sometimes you can just tell by looking at the Macaron whether they'll be amazing or just plain ordinary and with these, I just knew they would be amazing!


Raspberry and Chocolate macaroons from Patisserie Valerie.

I bought some from Pat Val just the other day and as nice as they were, once you've had better you won't really like the standard ones you get. I mean they were good, but not wow. I only bought chocolate and raspberry, because I wasn't too keen on the other normal flavours you get.

Laduree I am a hugee fan of. Just so so good with a nice pot of vanilla tea. They had a special flavour on when I went , I think it was lemon and dark chocolate, mmmmmmmmmm. Died and went to heaven! The flavours just married so so well. Ah, I'm drooling now so I better stop. But if you want some impressive macrons, do check out Macarons and More

You won't be disheartened.

The Dainty Cook x






No comments:

Post a Comment